Improving your WI-FI router signal strength
by Timothy Stone
When using wireless there are some tips on how to get a better signal from your main router (the little box that allows you to share your Internet)
- Position your wireless router as close to the center of the house as possible.
- Position your wireless router high up in an area where there is nothing blocking it.
- Position your wireless router away from any metals or thick walls (these can block the signal).
- Purchase a wireless repeater (if you have a huge house you might need to do this for the signal to be stronger.
- Use a wireless router that has at least “Wireless N” support which will offer more coverage.
Some wireless routers allow you to also change the antenna which allows you to get a clear connection further.